Monday 22 June 2009

Sudanenka - The Cup And The Cross


SUDANENKA
THE CUP AND THE CROSS
by
Barry Van-Asten


Notes on the nature of
SUDANENKA



The title The Cup and the Cross gives an explanation to the true meaning of the little tale of Sudanenka for they are the magical weapons associated with Mem; the element of water and ‘The Hanged Man’ in the Tarot. The name Sudanenka can be defined thus:

Sud is the secret eye, the intersecting ellipses that see beyond illusion. It is also known as the third eye, or the Ru = (), the oval between the eyes; this oval is also the origin of the Ankh which has the oval attached upon a cross (also note the similarity to the planetary sign of Venus, the planet of Love which has a circle with a cross at the bottom). The Ru can also be seen as a birth passage, a vagina, the kteis; a door and a mouth.
Sud is also the anus of the goat which is ceremonially kissed during the Sabbath rites; the obsculum obscoenum – the obscene kiss!
Sud relates to the Ru, for the sud is the secret eye that looks from the far side of the zodiac, from Capricorn to its opposite sign of Cancer, governed by the moon; Sud is then the third eye, the all-seeing eye – as Ru is the portal between two worlds – the gateway – birth!

SUD= 60+6+4= 70 = the letter Ayin (o); XV The Devil in the Tarot and Eye in Hebrew
which gives the number 70.

AN= 1+50= 51 = Pain. 1=O, the Fool in the Tarot.
50=XIII, Death in the Tarot.

EN= 5+50= 55 = Malkuth, the bride; (a mystic number).

KA= 20+1= 21 = Tiphereth, (a mystic number). The 21st Key of the Tarot = The
Universe. Also the letter Tau, the Phallus in manifestation.

In total SUDANENKA gives us 197, of which we can extract 156= Babalon, and 41=AM, the unfertile Mother. [also 197-111=86 which is ALHIM]





THE OPENING OF THE VEIL


OOO
AIN SOPH AUR
The sun in the arms of the moon.
The Beast & Babalon.
The Mother cradling the Child.
Isis Rejoicing.



OO
AIN SOPH




O
AIN

AIN=negative – the Yoni. 10 Sephira= positive (emanations of Unity) – the Lingam.

NUIT. The negative veils of existence.

The Limitless Light.

‘Man and tree were one’ =

Man=91 (also note AMN [Amen] =91).

Tree =91 (Tree in Hebrew is Aleph, Yod, Lamed, Nun =91).

One=Achad=Unity.
One also =Aleph=Pentagram. (Aleph is also O. The Fool in the Tarot).

Also

M=Sacrifice. The Hanged Man in the Tarot=XII.
A=Folly. The Fool in the Tarot=O.
N=Death. Death in the tarot=XIII.

XII+O+XIII=XXV (25) =5x5 The Pentagram in Action.

Also

Aleph Yod Lamed Nun = TREE (in Hebrew)
Fool Hermit Justice Death }= O+IX+VIII+XIII=XX (20).
Ox Hand Ox Goad Fish

20= IVD (Yod) The Letter of the Father.

.....

Come unto me not as the lamb,
But come unto me as the wolf.

It is the voice of Nuit singing ‘To me! To me!’ not Hadit, for it is His nature to go!

‘My number is 11, as all their numbers who are of us. The Five Pointed Star, with a Circle in the Middle, and the circle is red. My colour is black to the blind, but the blue & gold are seen of the seeing. Also I have a secret glory for them that love me’.
AL.I.60

‘But to love me is better than all things: if under the night-stars in the desert thou presently burnest mine incense before me, invoking me with a pure heart, and the Serpent flame therein, thou shalt come a little to lie in my bosom. For one kiss wilt thou then be willing to give all; but whoso gives one particle of dust shall lose all in that hour. Ye shall gather goods and store of women and spices; ye shall wear rich jewels; ye shall exceed the nations of the earth in splendour & pride; but always in the love of me, and so shall ye come to my joy. I charge you earnestly to come before me in a single robe, and covered with a rich headdress. I love you! I yearn to you! Pale or purple, veiled or voluptuous, I who am al pleasure and purple, and drunkenness of the innermost sense, desire you. Put on the wings, and arouse the coiled splendour within you: come unto me!’
AL.I.61

‘At all my meetings with you shall the priestess say – and her eyes shall burn with desire as she stands bare and rejoicing in my secret temple – To me! To me! calling forth the flame of the hearts of all in her love-chant’.
AL.I.62

‘Sing the rapturous love-song unto me! Burn to me perfumes! Wear to me jewels! Drink to me, for I love you! I love you!’
AL.I.63

‘I am the blue-lidded daughter of Sunset; I am the naked brilliance of the voluptuous night-sky’.
AL.I.64

‘To me! To me!’
AL.I.65


The wolf= Mars, 9, the war-like Ra-Hoor-Khuit (R-H-K): ‘As brothers fight ye’ [AL.III.59]. It is Horus in the aspect of R-H-K.
Mouth =(scarlet red) Ruby, vengeance and wrath.
Paths joining=7-8 Sephira.
Weapon=Sword.
Figure=Pentagram.
XVI (16) in the Tarot=The Tower=War, the letter Pe (mouth).
Mars symbolises the coming of a New Aeon which is destructive by fire; a cosmic energy in its grossest form. And so Life and Death are the two forms of desire.

‘Invoke me under my stars! Love is the law, love under will. Nor let the fools mistake love; for there are love and love. There is the dove, and there is the serpent. Choose ye well! He, my prophet, hath chosen, knowing the law of the fortress, and the great mystery of the House of God’.
AL.I.57

The lamb is the Agnus Deus, the lamb of God as taught in the old religion which was known as Christianity; it is the symbol of meekness and self-sacrifice; a powerful symbol of the ‘Dying God’, and of pity and forgiveness. In Thelemic terms it is the slave, the servant and the weak man of God punished for his sins; for his thoughts, words and actions and restricted in his every expression of love, and we are told therefore –

‘Be thou Hadit, my secret centre, my heart & my tongue!’
AL.I.6

We are taught to be brave and fierce as the wolf; to lurk and withdraw and to fight for our honour; to despise weakness and compassion and lift up our heads as we stride the world with the light of love burning in our breasts.

‘Obey my prophet! Follow out the ordeals of my knowledge! Seek me only! Then the joys of my love will redeem ye from all pain. This is so; I swear it by the vault of my body; by my sacred heart and tongue; by all I can give, by all I desire of ye all’.
AL.I.32

‘I give unimaginable joys on earth: certainty, not faith, while in life, upon death; peace unutterable, rest, ecstasy; nor do I demand aught in sacrifice’.
AL.I.58

‘Behold! the rituals of the old time are black. Let the evil ones be cast away; let the good ones be purged by the prophet! Then shall this Knowledge go aright’.
AL.II.5

‘Beauty and strength, leaping laughter and delicious languor, force and fire, are of us’.
AL.II.20

‘Behold! these be grave mysteries; for there are also of my friends who be hermits. Now think not to find them in the forest or on the mountain; but in beds of purple, caressed by magnificent beasts of women with large limbs, and fire and light in their eyes, and masses of flaming hair about them; there shall ye find them. Ye shall see them at rule, at victorious armies, at all the joys; and there shall be in them a joy a million times greater than this. Beware lest any force another, King against King! Love one another with burning hearts; on the low men trample in the fierce lust of your pride, in the day of your wrath’.
AL.II.24

‘There is help & hope in other spells. Wisdom says: be strong! Then canst thou bear more joy. Be not animal; refine thy rapture! If thou drink, drink by the eight and ninety rules of art: if thou love, exceed by delicacy; and if thou do aught joyous, let there be subtlety therein!’
AL.II.70

‘But exceed! exceed!’
AL.II.71

‘Strive ever to more! And if thou art truly mine – and doubt it not, an if thou art ever joyous! – death is the crown of all’.
AL.II.72

‘Ah! Ah! Death! Death! thou shalt long for death. Death is forbidden, o man, unto thee’.
AL.II.73

‘The length of thy longing shall be the strength of its glory. He that lives long & desires death much is ever the King among the Kings’.
AL.II.74

‘O be thou proud and mighty among men!’
AL.II.77

‘Lurk! Withdraw! Upon them! this is the Law of the Battle of Conquest: thus shall my worship be about my secret house’.
AL.III.9

‘Fear not at all; fear neither men, nor Fates, nor gods, nor anything. Money fear not, nor laughter of the folk folly, nor any other power in heaven or upon the earth or under the earth. Nu is your refuge as Hadit your light; and I am the strength, force, vigour, of your arms’.
AL.III.17

‘Mercy let be off: damn them who pity! Kill and torture; spare not; be upon them!’
AL.III.18

‘The ordeals thou shalt oversee thyself, save only the blind ones. Refuse none, but thou shalt know & destroy the traitors. I am Ra-Hoor-Khuit; and I am powerful to protect my servant. Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not overmuch! Them that seek to entrap thee, to overthrow thee, them attack without pity or quarter; & destroy them utterly. Swift as a trodden serpent turn and strike! Be thou yet deadlier than he! Drag down their souls to awful torment: laugh at their fear: spit upon them!’
AL.III.42

‘With my Hawk’s head I peck at the eyes of Jesus as he hangs upon the cross’.
AL.III.51

‘I flap my wings in the face of Mohammed & blind him’.
AL.III.52

‘With my claws I tear at the flesh of the Indian and the Buddhist, Mongol and Din’.
AL.III.53

‘Bahlasti! Ompehda! I spit on your crapulous creeds’.
AL.III.54

‘Let Mary inviolate be torn upon wheels: for her sake let all chaste women be utterly despised among you!’
AL.III.55

‘Also for beauty’s sake and love’s!’
AL.III.56

‘Despise also all cowards; professional soldiers who dare not fight, but play: all fools despise!’
AL.III.57

‘But the keen and the proud, the royal and the lofty; ye are brothers!’
AL.III.58

‘As brothers fight ye!’
AL.III.59

‘There is no law beyond Do what thou wilt’.
AL.III.60

‘Now, therefore, I am known to ye by my name Nuit, and to him by a secret name which I will give him when at last he knoweth me. Since I am Infinite Space, and the Infinite Stars thereof, do ye also thus. Bind nothing! Let there be no difference made among you between any one thing & any other thing; for thereby there cometh hurt’.
AL.I.22

‘The unveiling of the company of heaven’.
AL.I.2

‘Help me, o warrior lord of Thebes, in my unveiling before the Children of men!’
AL.I.5

‘The Khabs is in the Khu, not the Khu in the Khabs’.
AL.I.8

‘Worship then the Khabs, and behold my light shed over you!’
AL.I.9

‘I am above you and in you. My ecstasy is in yours. My joy is to see your joy’.
AL.I.13

‘With the God & the Adorer I am nothing: they do not see me. They are as upon the earth; I am Heaven, and there is no other God than me, and my lord Hadit’.
AL.I.21

‘I am Nuit, and my word is six and fifty’.
AL.I.24

‘Divide, add, multiply, and understand’.
AL.I.25


…..


The chapters in relation to Thelemic Gods:
000
00
0.. Nuit.
1.. Hadit.
2..Chaos.
3.. Babalon.
4.. Hoor-Par-Kraat.
5.. Ra-Hoor-Khuit.
6.. Heru-Ra-Ha.
7.. The Scarlet Woman.
8.. Baphomet.
9.. Therion.
10. Ankh-Af-Na-Khonsu



I

THE PRINCE


This chapter relates to the sephira called Kether. The God is Hadit (R-H-K). In the Tarot we find The Magus I, The Priestess II and The Fool O. Its magickal grade is the Ipsissimus [10=1]. The planet is Pluto.
Kether is formless because it exists above Binah on the Tree of Life where form is created. Binah = Time, and Chokhmah = Form.
Kether is one degree removed from non-existence; it is without reaction and it does not conform to any criteria. It is the cause of manifestation but is not manifested. It exists above duality – all sephira are extensions of Kether and Kether is the source of all Magickal energy!

‘Come! All ye, and learn the secret that hath not yet been revealed. I, Hadit, am the compliment of Nu, my bride. I am not extended, and khabs is the name of my House’.
AL.II.2

‘In the sphere I am everywhere the centre, as she, the circumference, is nowhere found’.
AL.II.3

‘Yet she shall be known & I never’.
AL.II.4

‘I am the flame that burns in every heart of man, and in the core of every star. I am Life, and the giver of Life, yet therefore is the knowledge of me the knowledge of death’.
AL.II.6

‘I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go’.
AL.II.7

‘Remember all ye that existence is pure joy; that all the sorrows are but as shadows; they pass & are done; but there is that which remains’.
AL.II.9

‘I am alone: there is no God where I am’.
AL.II.23

‘I am the secret Serpent coiled about to spring: in my coiling there is joy. If I lift up my head, I and my Nuit are one. If I droop down mine head, and shoot forth venom, then is rapture of the earth, and I and the earth are one’.
AL.II.26

‘Blue am I and gold in the light of my bride: but the red gleam is in my eyes; & my spangles are purple & green’.
AL.II.50

‘Purple beyond purple: it is the light higher than eyesight’.
AL.II.51

In conjunction with this chapter one is recommended to read ‘The Vision and the Voice’ by Aleister Crowley; aethyrs: 1,4,15,16 & 21 in particular.

‘Sea of woe’ – a reference to Binah.
Sudanenka – one who has attained – Ipsissimus.
‘No name’ – nemo.
‘Tree long been at my side’- The tree is the Holy Guardian Angel [H.G.A]
‘I see all’ – I see Nuit.
‘Seen with ears, heard with eyes; seen/ hears eternity’ – a reference to the Powers of the Sphinx, especially ‘silence’.
‘More than now’ – numerically we can find: NOW= 50=70=6 =126.

126= Darkness in Hebrew, also a widow.
1+2+6=9 [Yesod, the moon]
9=AVB – witchcraft, the false moon.
Other permutations include: 9x14=126, 7x18=126, 6x21=126, 3x42=126.

N=Scorpio and Death in the Tarot (XIII)
O=Capricorn and The Devil in the Tarot (XV)
W=Taurus and The Hierophant in the Tarot (V)

XIII+XV+V=XXXIII (33)

33= Sorrow in Hebrew, also to mourn.
3x3=9 (IX) The Hermit in the Tarot. Also see 9 above.
3x11=33, perhaps a reference to the deities of Liber Al vel Legis: Nuit, Hadit, R-H-K.

9 is also important in the publication of The Book of the Law, because nine months before the first publication was the outbreak of the Balkan War, which broke up the Near East.
Nine months before the second publication was the outbreak of the first World War, which broke up the West.
Nine months before the third publication was the outbreak of the Sino-Japanese War which broke up the Far East.
Nine months before the fourth publication – 6.22 A.M. Dec 22 1937 e.v. – nine months before the betrayal which stripped Britain of the last rags of honour, prestige and security, and will break up civilization in the second World War.

‘the event will establish the Kingdom of the Crowned and Conquering Child over the whole earth, and all men shall bow to the Law, which is love under will’.
Magick pp 112-113. 1922, published 1929.

Sanctuary/Restriction= Balance.
‘Egg of Reason’ –

‘There is a great danger in me; for who doth not understand these runes shall make a great miss. He shall fall down into the pit called Because, and there he shall perish with the dogs of Reason’.
AL.II.27

Babe of the Abyss/H.P.K.
The hard shell/soft yolk= equilibrium.
Thelemic doctrine=
Fool, all is one (nought) = Aleph (comedy of Pan).
Triangle= the outer robe of concealment (woman) = Kteis/Yoni – Binah (Time) = Understanding!
Inner light= the inner robe of glory (man) = Phallus/Lingam.
All things are many= O=2, the Thelemic equation (tragedy of Pan) = Chokhma (Form) = Wisdom – Man.

‘If this be not aright; if ye confound the space marks, saying: They are one; or saying, They are many; if the ritual be not ever unto me: then expect the direful judgement of Ra Hoor Khuit!’
AL.I.52

Cross + = the cross surmounted by a triangle, which is the Hanged Man; the descent
of Light in Darkness to redeem it.

2 figures= The Fool [O] and The Magus [I].
Fool: ‘Door shut in the House of Moons’= Yesod.
‘Thou art a jester’ – The magus to The Fool.
Love= Madness. (Fool) this also refers to the madness of Pan – see ‘The Hymn to Pan’.
‘Been here before sir?’ spoken by The Magus.
The Fool replies: ‘Aye, in merrier days, perhaps’ alluding to Kether and also the cycle of re-birth.
Apples - refer to the interference of the will.
Palace of Light= All matter is of Kether (Light).
Heart= Tiphereth.
Man, woman, child – Hadit, Nuit, Horus [Osiris, Isis, Horus].
Beast & Babalon= Therion/ Scarlet Woman.
Silence= Mystery. The inactive form of speech – see 1st aethyr in ‘The Vision and the Voice’.
This chapter relates to Mercury in Alchemy which acts as a flux; its nature is bisexual – it is the spirit. In Hindu: Sattvas; in Hebrew: Aleph, its element is Air. The Prince lives in adoration of Sudanenka as found in ancient Greece!



II

SUDANENKA’S SONG



This chapter relates to MAN. The sephira is Chokhmah, which is wisdom. We are wholly masculine – the seed, the Lingham (Phallus) +. The Father of Thought! Here is contained all things which are possible yet not manifested (such as Sudanenka’s song which has yet to be born as it were).
The God which rules this sephira is Chaos – Thoth (the Word). Chaos= the Dyad.
Its element is Air and in alchemy it represents sulphur; the fiery male soul; in Hindu: Rajas, in Hebrew: Shin, its element is fire (Shin by shape equals a flame).
Yod of Tetragrammaton (aspect of Nuit – unity) an Active and Positive force.

‘Twig’= Wand (club in Tarot) = Fire.

Birth words of a Magus – Wisdom (Chokhmah) beyond understanding (i.e. the song) Binah, the sephira below is ‘understanding’, so it actually is ‘beyond’.
Tarot= High Priestess or The Tower XVI (ejaculation).
Being and Not Being= CHAOS (Chokhmah) the conduit of energy from kether.
Hebrew letter= Gimel (camel), the Path of the Moon.
Planet= Neptune.
Grade= Magus 9=2. See also 6th Aethyr and Liber I B vel Magi.
Magickal Formula= CHAOS.
World= Atziluth (archetypal world)
Paths joining= The Fool O, The Empress III, The Hierophant V.

‘Poop’= 80+70+70+80= 300 = Khabs am Pekht (Light in Extension), also ‘Formation’ and ‘Separation’.
300= Letter Shin in Hebrew (tooth), triple flame by shape, symbolic of the Holy Spirit, Ruch Alhim= 300.
‘Poop poop’= 600= RED. The Star Ruby (precious stone of Chokhma).
600= Mem final (Mem= Water – this whole story is concerned with the Hebrew letter Mem).

‘and both were as stone’ – standing stone, the magical weapon relative to Chokhmah.

The ‘song’ is the ‘seeds’ yet to ‘flourish’ into perceivable ‘manifestation’.

Thoughts become Words!




III

THE PRINCE’S SONG



This chapter relates to that of WOMAN. The sephira is Binah (understanding), the wholly feminine – Yoni/Kteis (vagina): the egg O ()
The Goddess is Babalon (Isis).
The element is Water and the Planet= Saturn. In Alchemy it is Salt, the passive female body. In Hindu: Tamar and in Hebrew: Mem (the three mother letters: water).

‘Heart’= cup or chalice in Tarot. It also refers to Tiphereth and Beauty.

Here, all things are possible and begin their development. ‘Chaos’ in Chokhmah possesses the ‘seed’, and ‘Babalon’ in Binah possesses the ‘egg’ and womb of existence.
‘Serpent’ and the ‘dove’ – (Kundalini; Ra-Hoor-Khuit; dove… symbolism found in OTO etc).
‘Snake’ – ‘Nor let the fools mistake love; for there are love and love. There is the dove, and there is the serpent. Choose ye well!’.
AL.I.57

Given ‘Beauty’= Tiphereth O – (Heart) its number is 6, the mystic number of Binah.
‘Eyes’= Ayin (eye in Hebrew) 70.
‘Mouth’= Pe (mouth in Hebrew) 80.
‘Hand’= Daleth (Hebrew letter) The Empress in the Tarot, the Path joining Chokhmah and Binah. The Gate of the Supernals. The letter of Venus – sexual symbolism= 4.
‘Camel’= (Hebrew letter Gimel meaning camel) 3. [3 is the mystic number of Chokhmah]. It is the Path that joins Kether and Tiphereth, the pathway through the Abyss.
Note: 70+80+6= 156 (Babalon) [5x31, and 26x6].
6+70+80+10+4+3=170 (wand).
70+80+10+4+3= 164 (the Pillars). Also 10+4+3= 17 & 80+10+4=94 (see 777).

‘water’= element of Binah – Mem.
‘Sand’ – earth.
‘Richer for the word’ – projected and made solid= a reference to Chokhmah and Binah polarities, the un-manifest beginning its manifestation – from ‘Chaos’ to ‘Order’.
‘A good one at that’= ‘One’, the value of Aleph, The Fool in the Tarot (0). Also see ‘The Book of Lies’ by Aleister Crowley for other symbolism specific to ‘that’.
8=3 Magister Templi.
Paths joining= Magus I, Empress III, Lovers VI, Chariot VII.
World= Briah (creative world).
Magical Formula= M.E.R.C.U.R.I.U.S and Babalon.
In conjunction read The Vision and the Voice aethyrs 2, 13, and 14. Also Liber VII (Lapiz Lazuli) especially chapter II.


IV

THE QUESTING BEAST


The sephira of this chapter is Chesed (mercy). Its God is Hoor-Par-Kraat (God of silence). Silence equates with Love in Magick.
The element is Water and the Planet is Jupiter.

The beginning explains the nature of Daath – ‘The Abyss’ (babe of the abyss) see 10th aethyr. The relative Planet is Uranus.
Magical Formula= N.O.X and T.A.R.O
‘Beast’= Cheva [ChIVA]: AChIHA [the beast] 666, in full:
A=111+Ch=418+I=20+H=6+A=111=666.
A=111 (x6= number of the sun – 666) also Beast of the Abyss= Choronzon (Dispersion) [see The Vision and the Voice].

Prince (unobserved) = sign of silence. H.P.K. Passive.
Sudanenka (observed) = sign of Horus (enterer). R.H.K. Active.

‘One God, fear of nought’ –
‘Then the priest answered & said unto the Queen of Space, kissing her lovely brows, and the dew of her light bathing his whole body in a sweet-smelling perfume of sweat: O Nuit, continuous one of Heaven, let it be ever thus; that men speak not of Thee as One but as None; and let them speak not of thee at all, since thou art continuous!’
AL.I.27
Also ‘nought’ of the Tarot= The Fool, also Ox (one).
‘Existence is nothing’ –
‘Nothing s a secret key of this law. Sixty-one the Jews call it; I call it eight, eighty, four hundred and eighteen’.
AL.I.46
‘Eight legs’= change in stability.
The Father degraded to animal reason. Intellect.
‘Holy Trinity/evil Dyad’.
333= the number of Choronzon.
Does ‘nought’, move ‘all’ in ‘nought’. [All= 61 – the negative, non-existence; not] also AL= 31 (The great number in Thelema, see Liber Al vel Legis).
Ends in ‘silence’= Hoor-Par-Kraat (H.P.K)

Sudanenka displays virtues relevant to Chesed – ‘mercy’ towards the beast.
Silence and Speech – The passive and active forms of Horus [Heru-Ra-Ha] –H.P.K & R.H.K – ‘Love’ and ‘Will’.

Grade= Exempt Afept 7=4.

In conjunction with this read Liber VII, chapter III and Liber CLVI.


V

KING DEATH


In this chapter the sephira is Geburah (Power). Its God is Ra-Hoor-Khuit, equilibrated with Chesed (H.P.K.) – R.H.K.= Will [H.P.K.= Love], both guard the gates of the Abyss – R.H.K. (serpent/kundalini).
In Alchemy it is the sun and its planet is Mars. The Magical Grade is Adeptus Major 6=5.
The Magical formula= S.U.L.P.H.U.R. and ABRAHADABRA.
Paths joining= Lust XI, Chariot VII, Hanged Man XII, Adjustment VIII.

‘This is not Being for this is Going’ –

‘I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go’.
A.L.II.7

‘Who worshipped Heru-pa-kraath have worshipped me; ill, for I am the worshipper’.
A.L.II.8
Also see the Bornless Ritual:

Thee I invoke, the Bornless one.
Thee, that didst create the Earth and the Heavens:
Thee, that didst create the Night and the Day.
………………………………………………..
I am He! the Bornless Spirit! having sight in the feet:
Strong, and the Immortal Fire!
I am He! the Truth!
I am He! who hate that evil should be wrought in the
World!
………………………………………………..
I am He; the Grace of the World:
“The Heart Girt with a Serpent” is My Name!

Also the Ankh is a symbol of ‘Going’ ( a sandal strap).

King Death is a Martial God of War and Death, also of Destruction.

‘Power’ – Geburah.

In conjunction read Liber VII, chapter I.




VI

THREE ORDEALS

The sephira in this chapter is Tiphereth (Beauty) a product of the union of Chaos (Chokhmah) with Babalon (Binah)= Balance. The God is Heru-Ra-Ha, the embodiment of the Holy Guardian Angel [H.G.A.], an aspect of Horus (as is R.H.K. & H.P.K.)
Its Planet is the sun [the Knowledge and Conversation of the H.G.A.]
The Magical grade is Adeptus Minor 5=6 and the Magical formulas are A.U.R.U.M. & L.U.X. & I.N.R.I.
Paths joining= Priestess II, StarXVII, Lovers VI, Hermit IX, Adjustment VIII, Art XIV, Death XIII, Devil XV.

Pyramid box= cube= Magical weapon of Tiphereth.
Tiphereth is the home of the sacrificial Gods.

‘ALL’, ‘NOTHING’.

Death attempts to lure Sudanenka from the path.
‘Palace’ – ‘good/evil’. All=one. No beginning, no end.

Holy shade of the tree [Tree= H.G.A.]
Extension of Light= L.V.X.
The tree also represents ‘crucifixion’ and the ‘Hanged Man’.

‘Unto all the worlds’= Assiah, Yetzirah, Briah, Chiah & Jechidah.

In conjunction with this see The Vision and the Voice, Aethyrs 15 & 18. Also Liber VII, chapter IV and Liber LXV.



VII

BLIND MAN

The chapter of the Blind Man is Netzach (Victory), emotion (Lust).
The Goddess is the Scarlet Woman – strength & lust. The element is Fire and the Planet is Venus. The Magical grade is Philosophus 4=7 and the Paths joining are Fortune X, Death XIII, Tower XVI, Emperor IV, Moon XVIII.

The Blind Man is the Scarlet Woman, an aspect of Babalon, the Dark Mother (of Binah).
‘has not two eyes’= IxI = II The Priestess in the Tarot.
II The Priestess (Gimel/Camel)= Moon reference. Feminine symbol, connecting the Father (Hadit/Kether) to the Son (Horus/Tiphereth).
She is clothed in luminous veils of Light. Death – (path of Death XIII) distorts Her beauty so that she appears as a Blind, frail, old Man. The notion of the ‘Blind Man’ is also associated with the ‘Old Aeon’ – (see the Vision and the Voice, Aethyr 30).

‘Pity not the fallen! I never knew them. I am not for them. I console not: I hate the consoled & the consoler’.
A.L.II.48

Gold coin= The Root of the Power of Earth. Coin= Pantacle. Circle is pure – the Scarlet Woman’s Light redeems.
Death XIII (XIII=13= Love, Unity).

‘Now let there be a veiling of this shrine: now let the light devour men and eat them up with blindness!’
A.L.II.14

‘These are dead, these fellows; they feel not. We are not for the poor and sad: the lords of the earth are our kinsfolk’.
A.L.II.18

‘Beauty and strength, leaping laughter and delicious languor, force and fire, are of us’.
A.L.II.20

‘We have nothing with the outcast and the unfit: let them die in their misery. For they feel not. Compassion is the vice of kings: stamp down the wretched & the weak: this is the law of the strong: this is our law and the joy of the world. Think not, O king, upon that lie: That Thou Must Die: verily thou shalt not die, but live. Now let it be understood: If the body of the king dissolve, he shall remain in pure ecstasy for ever. Nuit! Hadit! Ra-Hoor-Khuit! The Sun. Strength and Sight, Light; these are for the servants of the Star & the Snake’.
A.L.II.21

‘I am unique & conqueror. I am not of the slaves that perish. Be they damned & dead! Amen’.
A.L.II.49

‘Fear not, O prophet, when these words are said, thou shalt not be sorry. Thou art emphatically my chosen; and blessed are the eyes that thou shalt look upon with gladness. But I will hide thee in a mask of sorrow: they that see thee shall fear thou art fallen: but I lift thee up’.
A.L.II.53

‘There is a veil: that veil is black. It is the veil of the modest woman; it is the veil of sorrow, & the pall of death: this is none of me. Tear down that lying spectre of the centuries: veil not your vices in virtuous words: these vices are my service; ye do well, & I will reward you here and hereafter’.
A.L.II.52

‘Beware therefore! Love all, lest perchance is a King concealed! Say you so? Fool! If he be a King thou canst not hurt him’.
A.L.II.59

‘Therefore strike hard & low, and to hell with them, master!’
A.L.II.60

‘Mercy let be off: damn them who pity! Kill and torture; spare not; be upon them!’
A.L.III.18

‘The ordeals thou shalt oversee thyself, save only the blind ones. Refuse none, but thou shalt know & destroy the traitors. I am Ra-Hoor-Khuit; and I am powerful to protect my servant. Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not overmuch! Them that seek to entrap thee, to overthrow thee, them attack without pity or quarter; & destroy them utterly. Swift as a trodden serpent turn and strike! Be thou yet deadlier than he! Drag down their souls to awful torment: laugh at their fear: spit upon them!’
A.L.III.42

‘Let the Scarlet Woman beware! If pity and compassion and tenderness visit her heart; if she leave my work to toy with old sweetnesses; then shall my vengeance be known. I will slay me her child: I will alienate her heart: I will cast her out from men: as a shrinking and despised harlot shall she crawl through the dusk wet streets, and die cold and an-hungered’.
A.L.III.43

‘But let her raise herself in pride! Let her follow me in my way! Let her work the work of wickedness! Let her kill her heart! Let her be loud and adulterous! Let her be covered with jewels, and rich garments, and let her be shameless before all men!’
A.L.III.44

‘Then will I lift her to pinnacles of power: then will I breed from her a child mightier than all the kings of the earth. I will fill her with joy: with my force shall she see & strike at the worship of Nu: she shall achieve Hadit’.
A.L.III.45

In conjunction with this read the Vision and the Voice, Aethyr 30 and Liber VII, chapter VII.



VIII

DREAM & SANCTUARY

Hod is the sephira in this chapter which is Intellect, Glory & Honour. The God is Baphomet and the element Water; the Planet is Mercury and the Magical grade is Practicus 3=8.
Paths joining are Tower XVI, Sun XIX, Hanged man XII, Devil XV, Aeon XX.

‘Division, addition, subtraction, multiply’ – (intellect):

‘Divide, add, multiply, and understand’.
A.L.I.25

‘Point of line at beginning’= nought.
‘Point of line at end’= 2 and infinity.

‘Then the priest answered & said unto the Queen of Space, kissing her lovely brows, and the dew of her light bathing his whole body in a sweet-smelling perfume of sweat: O Nuit, continuous one of Heaven, let it be ever thus; that men speak not of Thee as One but as None; and let them speak not of thee at all, since thou art continuous!’
A.L.I.27

‘None, breathed the light, faint and faery, of the stars, and two.
A.L.I.28

‘For I am divided for love’s sake, for the chance of union’.
A.L.I.29

‘This is the creation of the world, that the pain of division is as nothing, and the joy of dissolution all’.
A.L.I.30

Vision beyond words –
‘Beginning’= beyond birth; the Light of the angles of a Cross= L.V.X.
‘Middle’= beyond life; the Darkness of the Sacred Eye and the Cross= 0T=T Ankh.
‘End’= beyond death; the Light of the Circle and the Cross= N.O.X.

Being – Going- Returning= The formula of I.A.O. (also A.U.G.M.N.) see Magick in Theory and Practice by Aleister Crowley.

Baphomet= Union of opposites.
Devil in Tarot= Androgony/bisexuality.
Hod, reflection of Binah, filtered through Chesed, (all Water elements) balanced between Hod and Netzach (Intellect/Emotion or Science/Art).

In conjunction read the Paris Working – ‘De Mercurio’ and Liber VII, chapter V, also the Vision and the Voice, Aethyr 30.



IX

DESIRE IN DARKNESS

The sephira in relation to this chapter is Yesod (the moon). The God is Therion (Beast) and the Magical grade is Zelator 2=9.
The Paths joining are Art XIV, Emperor IV, Sun XIX, Universe XXI.

She is Babalon, the Scarlet Woman, the concubine of the Beast (Therion).
Death has impressed the vision of Her upon Sudanenka, and distorted Her.

Moved ‘not’= Nuit.

Tongue unfamiliar= the language of the moon (see the invocation of the infernal adorations of Oai in Liber LXVI Stellae Rubeae).

Serpent.
2nd Coin (pantacle) – mouth (Pe).
Old and ugly – witchcraft, the old crone, the sterile, dark mother; in the Tarot XVIII the Moon – ‘Vision of Sorrow’.

AMA (no Yod/Phallus, so is not AIMA) see Magick.

She is an aspect of Binah –

‘Now ye shall know that the chosen priest & apostle of infinite space is the prince-priest the Beast; and in his woman called the Scarlet Woman is all power given. They shall gather my children into their fold: they shall bring the glory of the stars into the hearts of men’.
A.L.I.15

‘For he is ever a sun, and she a moon. But to him is the winged secret flame, and to her the stooping starlight’.
A.L.I.16

In conjunction with this read the Vision and the Voice, Aethyrs 11 and 15. Also Liber VII, chapter VI.


X

CLOSING OF THE VEIL


Malkuth is the sephira in this chapter and the God is Ankh-Af-Na-Khonsu. The Planet is Earth (Assiah, the material world) and the Magical grade is Neophyte 1=10.
Paths joining are Aeon XX, Universe XXI, Moon XVIII.

I am come
Into this darkness to attain the light:
To gain my voice I make myself as dumb:
That I may see I close my outer sight:
So, I am here. My brows are bent in
prayer;
I kneel already in the Gates of dawn;
And I am come, albeit unaware,
To the deep sanctuary: my hope is drawn
From wells profounder than the very sea.
Yea, I am come, where least I guessed it so,
Into the very Presence of the Three
That Are beyond all Gods. And now I know
What spiritual Light is drawing me
Up to its stooping splendour. I my soul
I feel the Spring, the all-devouring Dawn,
Rush with my Rising. There, beyond the
goal,
The Veil is rent!
Yes: let the veil be drawn.

[Collected Works of Aleister Crowley vol I. 1905.
III The Holy Place – ‘The Neophyte’ from The
Temple of the Holy Ghost.]


In conjunction with this read the Vision and the Voice, Aethyrs 9 and 15.


















































No comments:

Post a Comment